We live in an increasingly diverse society and need to be able to respond appropriately and sensitively to this diversity. Successful implementation of equality and diversity in all aspects of work ensures that people are valued, motivated and treated fairly.
This e-learning course has been developed to provide learners with an increased understanding of how to manage equality and diversity.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Describe the difference between equality and diversity
- Define different types of discrimination
- Describe the impact of the Equality Act 2010
- Identify ways in which employers can discriminate
- Describe the variety of ways to discriminate
- Consider issues which will impact on equal pay
- Appreciate the value of policy
- Choose from a range of options for resolving disputes
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- The Law
- Equal Pay
- Responsibility For Others
- Resolving Dispute
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who value equality and diversity and have responsibility for adhering to the Equality Act 2010.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.